1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VideoRedo Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by SNJpage1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I just tried editing a tivo file using VideoRedo. Everything worked great. However, when I went back and resaved the file adjusting the audio so that it would be louder I had a problem playing it back with Windows media player. It played OK until I tried to advance the video. It caused media player to lock up. I tried saving it a few different times and as long as I increased the audio I had this problem. If I left the audio at default I could advance the video with out a problem. Is this normal or is it because I am using the trial version?

I think I just answered my own question. I was saving the file as a tivo file. When I saved it as a reg Mpeg2 stream, I no longer had the problem with media player locking up. I guess I should have been saving it as this type of file to start with so that it could be transferred back to my tivo.