1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video on Demand Dead - after HDD Upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by HD_Dude, Oct 13, 2013.

1. HD_Dude

HD_Dude I Want HD in my Car

Sep 11, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Hi...

I have two original Tivo S3's. The first one's HDD died two years ago; I upgraded it with a WeaKnees kit.

The second one's HDD died recently, so I did the same thing. But now, on the one I upgraded today, I have no 'Video on Demand.' When I click that line on Tivo Central, the screen changes, then comes right back to Tivo Central.

Same thing happens if I go into the 'Now Playing List' and choose Netflix...screen changes, then returns without actually going to Netflix.

Everything else is working fine. I can transfer programs from the other S3, play back shows, etc.

On my other S3, connected to the same network, sitting side-by-side with the one having problems, it's fine. Shows the whole VOD page, with my options like Amazon, Netflix, etc.

Both are connected with CAT5 ethernet...not wifi.

Is there a setting I missed?

Thanks

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Do you need to go to tivo.com and enable something?

3. HD_Dude

Sep 11, 2006
    Washington, DC
    It works now.

Apparently it required some 'middle of the night update,' and when I got up this morning, it worked.

Thanks for the reply!

4. sfhub

sfhub Active Member

Jan 6, 2007
    When I recovered a TiVo hard drive recently I found most features except playback didn't work properly until the first indexing completed, which took multiple hours, probably 4-6 hours, but I've seen it take 12+

5. HD_Dude

Sep 11, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Lesson learned!

Thanks very much.