1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video and Audio Dropout

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by speedy2, Aug 12, 2012.

1. speedy2

speedy2 TivoAddict

Aug 19, 2002
    Preston, CT
    I have a TiVo Premiere XL4 thats 9 weeks and 2 days old. Today it started to drop video and audio on live tv and recorded content. It has been happening every few seconds to minutes randomly. I have tried doing a hard reboot by pulling the power after a soft reboot through the menu didn't work and it still has not fixed the problem. My other TiVo Premiere is fine that is connected to the same cable source in my bedroom. Am I looking at a failing hard drive that would cause this type of problem or is there some other fix that I am not aware of? Has anyone else experienced this issue on the XL4? :(

2. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    If your cable signal got weaker for some reason, the tuners in the XL4 might have problems sooner than the tuners in a 2-tuner Premiere (from what I've read here). But I would suggest cloning the hard drive ASAP in case it's starting to fail.

3. speedy2

speedy2 TivoAddict

Aug 19, 2002
    Preston, CT
    After some troubleshooting I discovered that it was my Logitec Revu Google TV that was in between the TiVo and the TV that was the problem. After removing that the problem went away. :up: