1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very strange issue with a few channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ahwman, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I'm with Bright House in SE Michigan which is SDV. That said, I have a brand new Roamio Pro and Mini over gigabit ethernet. After going through all of my channels, I noticed 7 that tune and play perfectly on my Roamio, however they will not stream to my Mini or record properly. If I attempt to play these recordings back on either the Roamio or Mini, it's just a black screen. These are regular non premium channels:

224 - Fox News
    270 - National Geographic Channel
    286 - Fox Sports Detroit Plus
    288 - Fox Sports 1
    321 - Nat Geo Wild
    322 - Fox Business
    368 - Fox Soccer

TiVo has no idea nor do I as to why the Roamio can tune these channels fine but can't stream or record them correctly. By the way, signal levels are great at around 80-85 with 35 SNR and 0 RS Corrected/Uncorrected errors. I was using this same Cablecard/TA with my XL4 and these channels recorded/played back fine, so I'm confident my Cablecard/TA are ok.

Any ideas?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Do the channels buffer properly if you tune them and leave them for a little while? Can you then backup into the buffer?

3. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Great question Dan, and after testing each problem channel I can confirm that the buffer is not functioning correctly. It does however function correctly for every other channel outside of these 7. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks so much!
    Chuck

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
  5. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks so much Dan for referring me to this post as it would appear we have the exact same problem... I always seem to be the one with these obscure issues - LOL... :D