1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very slow Amazon download to Roamio?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bobcharter, Dec 31, 2013.

1. bobcharter

bobcharter New Member

May 31, 2007
    Just tried to download a rental movie from Amazon via the TiVo Roamio interface. After an hour there were only a few minutes downloaded. Any suggestions?

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Nothing new and not unique to Roamio:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9788332#post9788332
    It was fixed after a few days and I never knew what the problem was or whether complaining to Amazon actually made a difference. Several Amazon reps promised to email me when they found anything out -- but never did.

All I can suggest is complain to Amazon. Their Instant Video support number is: 877-442-1958.

I think Tivo's servers are also involved in some way when you order a Tivo download so can't rule out the possibility the fault is on Tivo's end. So I guess calling Tivo support might be in order.

If you get any immediate satisfaction from either support call, let us know.

3. elwaylite

elwaylite Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Theodore, Al.
    I buy tv shows, and a min or so after I do the blue download light starts. I find that for a 42 minute tv show it takes about 45 minutes, and thats on a 6mbps DSL connection over ethernet/powerline.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I downloaded the Kick Ass 2 movie with extended scenes this past weekend. it's a two hour movie and around 3.8GB in size. It downloaded to my Romaio Pro quickly. It was finished downloading within 20 minutes.

5. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I just ordered a one hour fifty minute movie and started the Amazon download one hour and 20 minutes ago. It says it's at 41 minutes!
    Is this just a Tivo thing? I used to order Amazon with my Sony Bravia and I could start watching the movie within 5-10 minutes of starting the download.
    I'm using the same internet connection as my Bravia.

This is pretty bad.