1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veronica Mars - Donut

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sfenton, Jan 18, 2006.

1. sfenton

sfenton Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Acworth Ga
    The Jan. 25th episode of Veronica Mars is called Donut Run and centers on Duncan.

I have seen people on this forum call him Donut.

Where did this name come from?

It seems like forever since we have had a new episode.

2. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Duncan = Dunkin Donuts - they're worth the trip

3. getbak

getbak Active Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Duncan leads to calling him Duncan Donuts (Dunkin' Donuts), which leads to calling him Donut.

4. edc

edc New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Houston
    Lilly called him that in a flashback from the first season.

5. padmalinowski

padmalinowski New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Madison, WI
    I seriously thought that they pinched it from here! I've heard of shows responding to fan discussion, but I didn't think that was likely here.... It probably would help matters if I picked up the first season and watched it, huh? :eek:

6. etexlady

etexlady Active Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    My TIVO is not picking up a Jan 25th episode of VM?????

7. edc

edc New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Houston
    ep 1.03 "Meet John Smith"

http://www.twiztv.com/cgi-bin/veron...ts/veronica-mars/season1/veronicamars-103.htm

==
    LILLY: And here’s the thing. The truth is gonna come out.

DUNCAN: What are you talking about?

LILLY: Clue in, donut. It doesn’t add up. You know that deep down inside. I wish you’d just admit it to yourself. Break out of your stupor. Wake up.
    ==

...and to answer your question, you should absolutely pick up or netflix Season 1 :)

8. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Mine hasn't either. But then, I don't have access to UPN from DirecTV. :) I use Dish's Superstation Pack and a DVD recorder.

9. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I saw the episode at the preview screening in Austin last weekend and it's very good imho. One of my favorite episodes so far this season, I think. Several minor characters return from last season and there is one big name guest star who is very entertaining.

As a funny aside about the "Donut" question, Rob Thomas said he uses sound clips from VM as his computer sounds, and for his "error" sound, he uses Lilly's quote of "Clue in, Donut!" from episode 1.03 "Meet John Smith."

I agree that you need to get the season one DVD pronto! I think you'd enjoy the show a lot more if you started from the beginning, even if you are already spoiled for the "whodunit" of Lilly's murder (which you must be if you've seen any episodes from season two). VM is very good at bringing back recurring characters and you won't have any idea who these people are if you haven't seen season one.

10. brimtoast

brimtoast New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    I've been reading that VM next week is getting pre-empted for various sports things in several cities. Seems like when that happens they sometimes show it later that night, and most places also rerun it sometime Saturday or Sunday, so you could catch it then if you're in one of the places where Wednesday's airing is getting messed up.