1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon FIOS and Tivo Premiere, work????

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by hellmas, Aug 8, 2014.

1. hellmas

hellmas New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I have searched but have only found posts from 2011. Only one from 2014 but that was in march and the Tivo Premiere has gotten the summer update since then.

So ... my questions are:

- Is anyone using TIVO and FIOS together (especially in the NYC area, if that even matters)?
    - how is it working?
    - Is the HBO issue resolved?
    - do on-demand channels work? (they don't with Time Warner)

Verizon is wiring up my block right now :up: and I am hoping all is good and i can finally give time Warner a boot in the ass. I have had them since 1987. I am due for something new and better!

.... anyone .... anyone ....
  2. dianebrat

dianebrat Uncontrolled Force

Jul 6, 2002
    FiOS On Demand does not work with Tivo units, never has, probably never will
    There are no HBO issues, what issue are you referring to?

Verizon FiOS works great with your Tivo, I've had it in the Boston area for 4 years, I'll never go back to cable.
  3. Diana Collins

Diana Collins Active Member

Aug 21, 2002
    The only "HBO issue" is that HBO and Cinemax are the only copy protected channels on FIOS. That means two things:

1) the Cablecard has to be "paired" not just "activated" (which is all that is required for the other channels) and Verizon sometimes has as much trouble as other cable companies getting the cards paired.

2) you can not stream to an iOS, copy or otherwise download a copy protected recording, however multi room viewing is supported.

Other than that, TiVo and FiOS make an excellent combination.
  4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S New Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Plus for years FIOS hadn't copy protected any of their channels. So there were a lot of subscribers whose cable card either had never been "paired" or where the "pairing" attempt had failed, or they'd moved a card and broken "pairing". And none of that mattered until the copy protection got turned on. Then all those people temporarily lost access to HBO and Cinemax until they contacted FIOS cable card support and managed to get their card(s) successfully paired.

But aside from that hiccup, I've been using TiVo with FIOS for about 6 years now (first a TiVo HD, and then a Premiere) and it's worked wonderfully.
  5. hellmas

hellmas New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Thanks to all that answered my questions! I cant wait for FIOS!
  6. boyet_m

boyet_m New Member

May 26, 2014
    nicely said. :up: