1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Value Question?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Surrealone, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    I have a S3 TCD648250B with a new 1TB drive upgrade and PLS running like a champ. But I really need to upgrade to a Tivo S4 4 tuner. What is the value of my S3?

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Check ebay.

3. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    yes was going to do that too Thanks I just trust the experts here to get me a good starting point. Thanks Again

4. chiguy50

chiguy50 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Checking on recent actual sale prices for comparable units on eBay is a very good gauge of what you can reasonably expect to get. Depending on its actual condition (and the condition and reliability of the upgraded hard drive), I would estimate $250 to $300, most of which value is attributable to the PLS. However, the bottom line is that your unit is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I recently sold my two S3HD's w/PLS for about $300 each to make room for a Premiere and Premiere Elite. They were in excellent condition, complete with shipping containers and all original accessories.

If you live in a metropolitan area, you could try posting on craigslist and/or an on-line classified ad service such as the local newspaper. I have had good luck with craigslist, but it sometimes takes a bit of patience.

5. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    All very good advice and you are right it's worth whatever I can get:D.
    Thanks Again