1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V58 Errors

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by JohnParks, Nov 7, 2013.

1. JohnParks

JohnParks New Member

Sep 20, 2013
    The number of posts of 'This channel is not authorized' errors seems to have slowed. Have these been resolved or has everyone just given up? I am having a Charter tech over today. Going to try to hook him up with the Tivo help line. Hope something jells.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Cisco or Motorola?

Latest official update on Cisco cards:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9884734#post9884734

3. JohnParks

JohnParks New Member

Sep 20, 2013
    How do I check what version of firmware my cable card is using on a Roamio Plus?

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > CableCARD Decoder > CableCARD Options > CableCARD Menu > Cisco CableCARD Diag Screen

5. JohnParks

JohnParks New Member

Sep 20, 2013
    My cable card firmware appears to be: PKEY1.5.2_F.p.2401. This according to Tivo Margaret is a problem. How do I go about changing it?

6. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Other than taking a chance and swapping it for another card, you can't do anything. If you swap it you could get an even older version, it's a risk.

7. JohnParks

JohnParks New Member

Sep 20, 2013
    When the cable card was installed, a count down window appeared that stated an update was in progress which took over five minutes. Was it the firmware that was being updated? If so wouldn't this be trigger by a replacement card?

8. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    If your firmware (even after the update you speak of) is 1.5.2.2401, then your firmware level isn't high enough for 6 tuners. You need to convince Charter to upgrade their firmwares to 1.5.3.1101.

9. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I am only occasionally getting V58 errors. Today was one of those days. From what I could tell, the channel was SDV and the TA had stopped receiving it. However, Tivo was not notified based on the DVR diagnostics and it continued to try to tune on that channel.

I am wondering if the frequency got re-purposed for a different SDV channel that I don't receive and it generated a V58 error when the cablecard decrypted it.