1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V53 errors on OTA channels with base Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Somboy, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Somboy

Somboy New Member

Nov 12, 2011
    I'm having problems viewing over-the-air channels on my new base model Roamio. When I try to view a channel using live TV, I sometimes get a blank screen and a V53 error. I live close to Boston, all of the channels have transmitters a few miles away and I have no trouble tuning them in directly using my TV. The odd thing is that when I look at the channel's signal strength bar graph, the strength always starts out low and increases until the channel is received. I can then exit and now watch live tv.

Obviously this is an impractical way to change stations, and I'm puzzled as to the cause. I though one tuner might not be working well, so I have tried simultaneously recording on 4 different channels to see if one didn't succeed, but in a couple of trials all 4 were recorded okay.

I'm thinking of just returning the DVR, but before I do that I wondered if there's anything else I should do to understand and possibly workaround the problem.