1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V52 error on vh1hd on fios

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by El Maestro, Jan 1, 2014.

1. El Maestro

El Maestro Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Hi,

I went to tune to this channel (717 on fios) and I get a v52 error. All other channels work. When I look at diagnostics for that tuner on that channel there is a dash where signal strength should be and SNR fluctuates between 16 and 25 Db. When this tuner is on any other channel the signal strength is 94-100% and SNR is 36-40 Db. I'm kind of new to this stuff, so can anyone help me troubleshoot why one particular channel won't tune? Verizon doesn't use tuning adapters so I know it isn't that...

Edit: watching the diagnostics on this tuner/channel the modulation keeps changing between QAM 64 and 256. Other channels don't do this. Weird!

2. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Sounds like a Fios issue. If you rent a Verizon box, does it have the same problem?

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern...
  4. caughey

caughey Member

May 26, 2007
    Orange County
    Is it only that tuner that has problems with that channel? Or is it the same on all tuners? How do channels in the same frequency range behave? 717 is 861000 kHz here, not sure what other channels are up there. I tried to find a freq table with no luck.

5. El Maestro

El Maestro Member

Nov 19, 2013
    It must've been a fios issue...I went to troubleshoot more this morning and the channel works now. Caughey, the issue existed on all tuners.