1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UVVU -it's past time, please make it happen

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by mpack, Dec 29, 2013.

1. mpack

mpack New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Tivo owners are being held back by the lack of a built in UVVU streaming service. I thought it would come with the new hardware, but so far it it's a no show. I do almost all of my movie watching through UVVU streamers (mostly VUDU on my ps3). I'd love to watch my movies mor conveniently through my TiVo's. Thi is a big issue for my family's entertainment. With the improvements Roku has made with the Roku 3, I may switch to them if tivo doesn't add UVVU streaming soon. Please add UVVU streaming now!(or at least tell us if/when it is coming)

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    So UVVU is Ultra Violet?

With the new Roamio came a new apps platform based on HTML5 instead of Flash. This should make it more appealing to OTT service providers like VUDU. Personally I'm still hoping for VUDU, HBOGo and Amazon Prime.

3. SullyND

SullyND L:45-21 TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    If my toaster doesn't start making my coffee I'm going to switch to a Keurig for my toast!

4. CloudAtlas

CloudAtlas New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Only 15 percent of consumers are aware that the [UltraViolet] service exists.

Walmart/VUDU has not made their application available on TiVo.

VUDU/WALMART is UltraVilolet as far as consumers are concerned. You should let VUDU know you want their application on the TiVo platform. Understand the new Roamio platform just came out a few months ago.

Why you would need a Roku 3 for VUDU when you already have a PS3 to run VUDU? Roku 3 is not a replacement for a DVR.

5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Why would you think that?

Talk with the service provider, it's up to them. Do you contact Apple to make an app request for an Ipad?