1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using my Roamio to play back recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by wpatters1229, Apr 22, 2014.

1. wpatters1229

wpatters1229 web Guy

Nov 11, 2003
    I have a Roamio Basic and have installed a 2T hard drive. We record more programs than we can watch quickly and we like to travel in our RV. Since the Roamio is not big and bulky can I simply unplug it and take it with us just to play back the recordings we have on our TV in the RV? I guess I can just try it without asking on this forum but I thought someone might have experience.
  2. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
  3. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    There are even a couple of others who do just that on here! :)

just be weary that its not powered up when you're moving.... hit a big enough bump and you could crash the drive, especially since the drive is always running...
  4. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    And, of course, if it doesn't have a signal then it won't be able to record any of your scheduled recordings while it's away from home, so do bear that in mind.
  5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    I use my Roamio Basic to take content back and forth to my GFs house. But most of my recordings are done on my Roamio Pro, and then transferred over to the Basic before I unplug it. The smaller size does make it very easy to take with you. I have a remote and power supply at my GFs house so I only need to take the box with me. It has worked out much better than when I used to do the same thing with a two tuner Premiere.