Ok, here is the situation, I had a US Robotics External Modem hooked up and was able to make about half of my semi-daily calls successfully. I heard that getting a DSL Phone Filter would help but figured that I didn't need one since I was using a cable modem. Well, I was wrong. I figured "what the heck" one day while I was at Walmart and picked up a six dollar RCA DSL Phone Filter. I tried it out and things started to get better. So then I went to Radio Shack and bought a 2-line DSL Filter for $18s and tried it out. Better still. Just for S&Gs I took off the ,#319 dialing prefix and tried a test call. Jaw drop. It made it past the Dialing Phase!!! Next I plugged the filter into my DirecTiVo and made a successful test call!!! And then a successful daily call!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that this helps everyone.