1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by huntermaz, Feb 20, 2014.

1. huntermaz

huntermaz Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Bought a used Roamio today and went to activate it and the service number starts with 8F0 and from what I can tell it should start with 848 or 840. It also is running beta software. When I tried to activate it I got a message that it was already activated, which I kind of expected being it was used. If I go into system info it says it is a Premier and not a Roamio. Is there anyway to get it off the beta software?

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    The TSN starting with 8F0 is indeed a Beta Field Trials unit or Pre-launch evaluation unit. It should have been returned to TiVo when the Trials were over. (not that I could admit to knowing anything)

TiVo will most likely never authorize service, on that unit.

I am curious where you purchased the unit. I hope you can get your money back.

3. huntermaz

huntermaz Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Bought it off of Craigslist. Going to call TiVo today and see what they say.

4. huntermaz

huntermaz Member

Feb 18, 2014
    So I called TiVo and it is a eval unit. They said I can use it and it will work and I would need to get a subscription for it. But it is stuck with the beta software and it cant be linked to an another account so could use it with another TiVo in the house or Mini, which was my plan. I contacted the sell and he had no idea and has aggreed to refund my money. Guess I will go to best buy today a just buy a new one.