1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used hard drive space and "suggestions"

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by flnsx, May 2, 2013.

1. flnsx

flnsx New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    It shows my hard drive still has more than 3/4 of free space left but the "suggestions" keep being deleted.

Is there a way I can force the Tivo to actually USE the hard drive space it has for my enjoyment?

Is it limited to only a certain amount of suggestion movies? I want it to FILL THE HARD DRIVE!
  2. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    I thought the free space meter didn't count suggestions.

If the TiVo is 1/4 scheduled recordings and roughly 3/4 suggestions (which would be consistent with the meter showing 25% full) then you'd expect old suggestions to get deleted to make room for new ones - but there should still be a lot of suggestions in the suggestions folder.
  3. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    That's exactly how it works. The free space indicator shows how much YOU have used for recordings. Once the suggestions fill the rest of the drive, it will continue to record the latest ones and delete the older ones.
  4. flnsx

flnsx New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Cool. Thanks for the input guys.