1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use ARWL as SP list markers

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by scandia101, Sep 8, 2013.

1. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I prioritize my SPs by day but sometimes I'm not sure where one day ends and the next begins, so I came up with a solution to this very minor problem. I created some ARWLs that won't ever record anything and named them Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. and placed them on the SP list where appropriate.

screen shot from kmttg
    [​IMG]
    don't judge

2. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    How do you get them not to record anything? Days of the week aren't that uncommon in episode and show titles.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The weekday names are WL names, not the actual keywords used by those WLs

4. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I used misspelled words. A nonsense string of letters would also work. Then I had to rename each one to Monday, Tuesday, etc so that they displayed the way I wanted them to in the SP manager. Now I'm thinking that I should have renamed them with all caps, MONDAY, so that they would pop out more.

5. Thom

Thom Active Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Whittier,...
    And when the broadcaster moves the show to another day?

Or a show where each episode is broadcast on multiple days, so that a Tuesday show will sometimes record on Wednesday or Thursday?

6. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    SP's can be moved up and down the priority list at will. ;)
    If I never had to add or move anything, I wouldn't need markers to help show what's on when.

That has never been a problem. Virtually all new tv shows air during primetime and most channels that re-air programs do so a couple of times that same night and then factor in multiple tuners on the Tivo and I come up with no problems. If you prioritize any other way, this minor issue that you brought up would still exist.

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    This is a neat trick, been doing it for years. In addition to Days of Week, which is for OTA shows, I have dividers for CABLE DRAMAS, CABLES COMEDIES, CABLE DOCS, yada yada. Even have one for Daily Shows, such as Jeopardy, NBC Nightly News, etc.

Here's a pic from years ago...

[​IMG]

Attached Files: