1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Movies

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by daveak, Jul 23, 2009.

1. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    A good use for the USB port? See the link http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/146652 CinemaNow & sonic Solutions will be selling movies on USB drives in the fourth quarter. I would hope it would be at lease 1080i - or what's the point? :cool:

2. tootal2

tootal2 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    A WD TV will play 1080p files in 1080p with hdmi And it works with a flashdrive and a hardrive.

I use one to play files from my tivo hd.

3. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    I don't really care that much, but if it is not at least 1080i then forget about it. I would prefer 1080p, but that is a lot of information for a flash drive or micro SD. And it is also a question of compression and bit rate, I think there is no way they will compete with Blu-ray on image quality. I do think it will be better than standard DVD.

My real question, would TiVo support a USB flash drive movie at some point? Or could the current boxes even be updated to do it? I am pretty sure I would be able to watch the movie, via my network, on my TiVo from a computer in my house...