1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Premieres to Roamio Plus on TWC

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jacksonian, Nov 26, 2013.

1. jacksonian

jacksonian New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I have 2 Premieres and an HD and just ordered 3 Roamio Plus's from TiVo. I've read different things here about swapping and pairing the cable cards. The rep at TiVo recommended asking TWC to bring out 3 new cards to avoid problems with un-pairing and re-pairing cards with the old and new boxes. I was kinda hoping I could skip the truck roll (even though my TWC has been easy to get a quick appointment and prompt) and just call the CableCard desk and have them do the pairing over the phone.

Has anyone had any experience doing this or have any suggestions for the best course of action?

2. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cary, NC
    I had no problems in Cary. I picked up a cable card, called and had it paired to my Premiere no problem. Then a month later, bought a roamio, pulled the card out of the premiere, put it in the roamio, and called to have it repaired. No problems.

Call this number: 866-532-2598

If you insist on getting new cards, you can pick them up yourself now.. At least here you can.

3. jacksonian

jacksonian New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Thanks a ton for your reply. I guess there's no reason to get new cards then. That makes it easier and I don't have to schedule my life around TWC. Thanks again.