1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade series 3 HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by Dean Wittman, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Dean Wittman

Dean Wittman New Member

Jun 30, 2013
    I have an odd problem. I have a Series3 HD 32hr Model tcd648250B. I have three older hard drives that are 1 tb 1 tb and 240 g. They all boot up fine in the tivo. I am trying to put a brand new wd green 1 tb in this unit. I have tried winmsf copy and backup and restore to the new drive and when I put the new drive in, the tivo first splash screen shows up and never goes any further then this. The lights on the front stay on and never change. I even bought the instant back for this unit and baked the new wd hard drive and have the same effect. I hear lots about power supplies, but the other three older hd's boot fine. I have also tried mfslive 1.4 backup/restore and same effect. Any suggestions?
  2. Soapm

Soapm New Member

May 9, 2007
    So close,...
    since you're going from a 1tb to a 1tb you can load a linux live CD of your choice and use the dd command.

Anything that will make and restore a mirror image of the disk should work.
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You may need to use WDidle3 and disable the intelli park feature to let it boot up. Only Western Digital drives has this.