1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update Mini UI to match Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by nws alpine, Dec 4, 2013.

1. nws alpine

nws alpine New Member

Nov 7, 2013
    I know this is a minor issue but for some reason I just feel like the Mini UI should be updated to match the current UI on the Roamio. The color palette is different and the Roamio looks so much better. It will help with a more seamless feel of a whole home DVR setup.

I did submit the suggestion to Tivo but who knows where they go and if it's just a black hole.

2. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    It has already been said by Tivo that this will happen within a few months. I don't remember the date they gave.

3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I think they're targeting the spring update for this. The Premiere might also get the update too at some point.

4. noah82

noah82 Cox San Diego

Aug 1, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I was wondering why my Mini was showing the old UI when I paired it to the new Roamio...too bad we have to wait until Spring.

5. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Spring = July.

/TiVo Calendar

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    You forgot to put the years down:D

Spring 2014 = July 2015

7. the block

the block New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Upstate NY
    Will this update include the top right window of Live TV while navigating the menus? That's a big feature I really like on the Roamio coming from a TivoHD, where I don't have to sit in the quiet anymore while I set things up.

8. nws alpine

nws alpine New Member

Nov 7, 2013
    I would not want that feature as it would lock a tuner from the main Roamio. If you have multiple Minis it would be a big problem.

9. the block

the block New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Upstate NY
    Ah, that's true. Didn't think about that. It still could be a configurable setting though. For people like me with 1 mini it isn't a big deal.