1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update lasting more than 24 hours

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tkcuisine, Dec 6, 2012.

1. tkcuisine

tkcuisine New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    My tivo premier box has been locked on a screen that says preparing the update this may take an hour or longer for over 24 hours. when i talked to the support last night they said it must be a big update and was not very helpful. anyone else had this the box is less that2 years old.

2. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Its stuck. Reboot time and hope it recovers. If not, its likely a hard drive failing.

3. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    If you have a the Keyboard remote or Wireless adapter unplug them hopefully the boot will continue.

4. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    I do not have the update yet on my Premier. I hope it does not take more then 24 hours. Try unplugging the network cable and Cable Card also. If that does not work a power cycle reboot may be needed.

Can anyone that has received the new update respond with how long it took?

5. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    30-60 minutes after Pending Restart reboot.

6. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    It depends on which version you currently have, and how large your HDD, a 2TB HDD will take longer, there is some major database changes in the update.

Updating from 20.2.1 to 20.2.2.1 (Second Fall release) takes over 1 hour from reboot (2TB HDD)

Updating from 20.2.2 (First Fall release) to 20.2.2.1 (Second Fall release) only takes about 20 minutes from reboot (2TB HDD)