1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United Stats of America

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Enrique, May 16, 2012.

1. Enrique

Enrique Active Member

May 15, 2006
  2. Swirl_Junkie

Swirl_Junkie New Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Philly, PA
    I wish it were more family friendly. I love the Sklar brothers, and had high hopes. I used to watch Cheap Seats, and catch their podcast on occasion.
    My son is a list person( he loves stats and such) and is 9 years old. This would be the perfect show for him, but there are needless racy comments in the first episode that will probably keep me from watching more with him.
    It's funny, but I was hoping for something we could watch together.

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It was fun, but the show seemed more like Sklar brothers want to do cool stuff so lets write a show around it so we get to do it.

Still I'll probably watch them going forward. Decent way to kill an hour.

4. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    I thought the exact same thing. My 9 year old likes stuff like this too, but the comments were just unacceptable and unnecessary.

5. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I couldn't make it through the first episode, turned it off.
    Seems like something I would love, but it really didn't sync with me. Not sure if it was the comments or the camera style or the content (or all three) but I didn't like it.

6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I just caught the last half of one and loved it. I will be watching!

7. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I started watching and I'll keep recording, might make a good summer filler show. But, it won't be at the top of my "must watch right away list"

8. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    I like the premise of the show but all the off-color remarks and constant pop culture references seems to get in the way of me enjoying it. I would have rather they played it straight without all the attempts at humor.

Watched two episodes and then deleted the Season Pass.:(

9. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    I couldn't make it through the second episode. SP deleted. Shame on History for showing this garbage. The stats were interesting, but the packaging of rude jokes was totally inappropriate.

10. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Agreed. I'm no prude, but I dd not like the format of this show. SP deleted.

11. MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    The Tall City
    The first show was better then the second, but neither one had G-rated comedy. I enjoyed it.