1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexplained Season Pass channel change

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by janry, Apr 27, 2012.

1. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Facts: TiVo HD - installed with Comcast service and cablecards since early days of the HD - no troubles like this before.

CBS is channel 5. The HD programming for channel 5 through Comcast is channel 1005 and has been so for about 6 months. The SD channel for channel 5 is 5.

I have 3 season passes on my TiVo for cable channel 1005 for Thursday night. When I got home and checked my Tivo, the shows scheduled to record on channel 1005 were actually changed to 5. The following Thursday's CBS shows were still on 1005 as well as other nights for CBS. The season pass was still on 1005. I have no clue as to why suddenly they were going to be record on 5. I changed them all and it worked. I just don't understand the mystery.

2. rvsj

rvsj New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    For any station that has an SD channel and an HD channel disable the SD channel in the TiVo channel list.

3. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Are you sure they were SP recordings and not wishlist recordings? Apparently wishlist recordings will choose the lower #d channel as the first hit.

4. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Yes