1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underground BBQ Challenge

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Frylock, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    I caught this show on the new FYI network. It's pretty bad. Supposedly it's a challenge between 2 areas of local cities competing. First episode was NY, and second was Austin.

Both episodes seemed to be a hippster vs. a non-hippster. I couldn't finish the first episode. I only watched the second because it was from my town. Definitely won't be watching again, as it's pretty bad.

2. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I watch all the corny BBQ competition shows on Destination America. But I just couldn't deal with this one. I only watched the first episode but I had no desire to see any more.

When you have a BBQ competition and are given Prime Rib, you don't make meatballs out of it. And if you do, you shouldn't win. You should be thrown in jail.

3. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    BBQ is a hobby of mine though I've yet to compete, so I'm always interested in BBQ shows. I caught the Austin episode and it was pretty lame. Chicken fried brisket? And how exactly do you have a flare up in an offset pit? Since he invested some of his NFL money in a LA restaurant probably for the loss/tax credit and has nothing to do with day to day operations, of course Brian Bosworth is the perfect person to judge. The non punk team did prove the proverb "more dollars than sense", putting out meh with ~$10k worth of commercial pits. Love Mexican street corn though, but please use crema...not Mayo!!! Brown butter aioli is a nice change of pace too. But plain mayo is for your white bread!

4. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    I also watch all of the Destination America shows. This one was nowhere close.