1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under the Dome S02E03 07-14-14 - Spoilers -

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nickels, Jul 15, 2014.

1. nickels

nickels opinionated dope

Jan 11, 2010
    Warrington, PA
    Oh this show and all the characters you love to hate. Suddenly, a high school science teacher, Rebecca, is a super problem solving genius. According to her math, there are not enough resources to sustain the people under the dome. She must be one brilliant person if she knows how to immediately stop acid rain, save crops from a caterpillar infestation, and suddenly she knows how to figure out how many people are there, how much food grows, what all these people need to eat to survive, how much livestock is available, and all of the other complexities of determining the available resources and how much if it is consumed by the multitude of different people under the dome. Time to thin the herd and shake the tree, cause there is no chance she is wrong!

The other new attractive girl is touchy feely with Joe, no wonder his current not-as-hot GF is jealous.

Let's not even get started on how bad the red rain effects were. It was hard to watch them driving in that CGI mess.

At least the Pauline (not so dead mom) story-line is getting interesting and weird, as well as the new girl apparently *hidden if you didn't watch coming attractions*
    being formerly dead and resurrected somehow and not aging since the late 90s.

Let's also not forget product placement and social integration. Microsoft surface anyone?
    https://twitter.com/houndsofdiana
    http://www.houndsofdiana.com/main/

2. tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    This show keeps getting worse, but I'm liking it more.

3. mike_k

mike_k Registered User TCF Club

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    This show is a big, hot mess - but I'm still watching.

Those Microsoft tablets sure had crappy Internet service, but that signal strength tracking function looks handy.

4. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Science teacher is becoming really annoying.
    She knows more than Professor Roy Hinkley and is ten times as arrogant.
    I wonder if we shouldn't start referring to her as "Kodos the Executioner" now.

I also noticed the product placement and kept wondering how they were able to maintain their charge for over two weeks now.
    (Come to think of it, aren't Surface tablets wifi only? Which does beg the question then of how exactly they were getting Internet access. That's some damn good wifi.)

Speaking of electricity, shouldn't all those portable generators be running out of fuel?

5. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    You watch Star Trek and you question the plausibility of this show.?

:D

6. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    The threads for this show are interesting. Most of the posts mention how awful the show is. :D

7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Last season I enjoyed the threads more than the show. This season I'm only reading the threads. :)

8. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    My mom told me yesterday that this second season is the last for this show. I searched around to see if that was true, but couldn't find proof. Does anyone know if this is the last season?

9. rich

rich Final answer?

Mar 18, 2002
    New York
    Really good wifi, especially since it was being transmitted from an empty locker.

I'm also wondering what kind of chemical the science teacher used, that was strong enough to neutralize a whole lake full of acid. And does that mean that the water is drinkable again, and can they still make coffee out of it??

10. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    We (nuclear department) used reactor grade makeup water from the Reserve Feed Day Tank on board the USS Eisenhower (CVN-69) & USS Nimitz (CVN-68), probably with every other nuclear powered aircraft carrier and submarine in the United States Navy. :eek:

11. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    Gotta give the show credit. They really cranked up the dumb this episode.

12. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I deleted this show last night before watching this third episode. I just realized I have so many HBO, Showtime, Netflix, etc... shows in my backlog. I should be watching good TV and not Under the Dome. :)

13. purwater

purwater I make tasty water

Aug 25, 2005
    SW Virginia
    I think we watch for the comedy and the cheese factor more than actually enjoying the show. I'd probably delete the season pass, but it hangs around hoping there will be some explanation eventually.

14. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    I too, am just in it for the explanation of the dome.

15. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    When the show ends, I'll come back and you guys can explain the dome to me. :p

16. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    I thought this episode was more interesting with the storyline with this girl from 1989 and I'm interested to see what happens with the mother who is still alive and on the outside. The rest of it is meh.

17. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    Agreed - Big Jim's story is not interesting to me anymore. I wonder if people would trust the new girl so much if she wasn't so pretty.

18. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Probably not, I probably wouldn't watch it either.

19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Pretty much this and Rachelle Lafevre.

20. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Gotta admit ... I like the twist at the end. It'll keep me around a little longer.

Also curious about the 3 in the pic and how that might tie into the girl.