1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under The Dome - "Outbreak" - 7/15/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Jul 16, 2013.

1. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well. Wonder what daddy "Big Jim" will do now that he knows crazy Junior's secret. I kinda suspect he may leave her there. At least temporarily.

When do the pink aliens arrive?

2. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Thank goodness that terrible epidemic only lasted one day. Bullet dodged, Chester's Mill!

3. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I can only assume from Big Jim's reaction that he's pondering leaving her there. If he let's her out, Junior is exposed for his bit of insanity and that will hurt Big Jim's credibility within the community. I don't think he knows about Junior being deputized, but I'm sure that will factor into his decision as well.

The video of the kids passing out and Joe sitting up and looking into the camera...seriously creepy.

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
  5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    That sounds like it's written by a person that has never even watched the show? Or only had the show playing in the background.

For instance "How do people breathe encased in a dome?" Did he actually watch the show? If he did he would not have asked that question or several others.

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Did anybody explain to the huddled masses in the hospital waiting room why they couldn't leave? Krazy Junior just showed up with a shotgun and said nobody could leave.

Yeah, homegirl is going to be stuck in that basement for a while longer. She's going to have to take one serious dump when she finally gets out.

7. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Big Jim told him to keep the people in the hospital. To keep the outbreak from spreading.

What's going on with the seizures? They are freaky. Are these two kids some key link to the dome ? It's some sort of electrical thing, isn't it?

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But the question is, did anybody tell the people why they were being held in the hospital, at gunpoint?

9. tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    I think Big Jim lets her go. He's sane enough to know that if he keeps her there, then he can never let her go. He could kill her, but I'm guessing they want her character for something.

Maybe if pink stars come falling, then the dome will be the only good place to be.

10. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Shouldn't that have been Junior's job?

11. jdfs

jdfs Unspecial Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Ok. This is not a spoiler. At this point, the show is nothing like the book. Every single character and plot line is completely different. This is both good and bad. I would have like to have seen the story visualized, but now at least it truly is a surprise what happens.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    One would think. Yet there is no evidence he did so. He just took position and menaced them with the gun.

13. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It probably should have been Big Jim's job. He's the one that decided to not allow people to leave. Although one would have expected that Junior would have mentioned the reason why in his little speech.

14. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I expect Junior to come down and lock Big Jim in with the girl.

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I was thinking something along those lines. Junior walks in while Big Jim uncuffing her.

16. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    This could have a deleterious effect on Junior's law enforcement career.

17. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    If Big Jim were to "just disappear" like the red head's husband did, Junior would possibly be okay for awhile until people got suspicious.

18. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    My thinking is that Big Jim will leave her there once she tells the whole story to him in order to protect his son.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "Oh, these kids with their kinky sex games." [slams door]

20. nickels

nickels opinionated dope

Jan 11, 2010
    Warrington, PA
    The image of the one kid giving the shush finger to his phone camera while convulsing was disturbing. Finally a reason to keep watching!
    I know the outbreak wasn't in the book and the whole girl captive in the shelter played out much differently.
    It seems that if you read the book you are in the same position now as those of us who haven't read it yet.