TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Under The Dome OAD 9/2

13K views 123 replies 48 participants last post by  aaronwt 
#1 ·
I believe that some of the writers of this show also worked on Lost. Whenever I hear someone say "the dome wants this" or "the dome protects us" I can't help but think that if I substitute "dome" with "island" I get a show that wants to be another Lost. Sooner or later I expected to see a black smoke monster. Well, it came to pass. Except that it's a white smoke monster.
Next, someone will be pressing a button every hour.

#5 ·
I'm really having trouble sticking with this. I want to see how this season ends, and then the SP will go *poof*. As many have said, this would have been much better as a closed-end mini-series.

A few of this week's stupids...

* If Max wanted to kill Julia, why didn't she? Standing 3 feet away, she shoots Julia on her (Julia's) right side, guaranteeing to miss the heart. Why not pop one more into her head, or anywhere that might fatally wound her? It didn't make any sense.

* The leaps of logic that the four kids are making are just ridiculous. They see four "pink stars" that don't make sense, well that means the dome wants them to go touch the outer dome. And when they do, the dome will tell them what to do next. And the rainbow colored cocoon means Barbie is the monarch. And Julia is good because she sees things, but Dodee is bad because it shocked her. And Angie and Junior are meant to be together because the wind stopped.

* That tornado like cloud was the freakiest weather funnel I have *ever* seen. Like something from a Roland Emmerich movie. Yet people are simply going, "well heck, looks like a storm is a-coming". Seriously? A Wizard of Oz tornado is in the sky, INSIDE the dome, and everyone is just walking around?

* It's taken this long for hoodlums to start siphoning gas? And of course the electric cars can still go. How convenient that Julia has one.

* How long can that propane last?!?

Please be almost over...

#6 ·
I wonder what cord Barbie used to make his mobile phone's alarm disconnect the power to the plant? Thank god he is part time electrician when he isn't busy doing major surgery with a pen and some tubing. I think MacGyver Barbie will be just fine out on his own in the wild.

#7 ·
So, not at all surprised mom is dead.

Rather sick of hearing how the dome has feelings and gets angry.
This would be so much better if it was a finite mini-series with only two more episodes.
Red is Dead?! I must be repressing details in order to live through each episode, but I thought her heart stopped and then started again as the "storm" settled down. :confused:

#11 ·
I hated Max so I don't care that she's dead. But I do like Barbie so am currently disliking Big Jim.

So what's the connection with the outside world and Barbie...?
Don't get me started. We have a dome. A dome that they tried to blow up because the Chinese are pissed off or something but the only thing seeping through on the radio is a manhunt for one guy?

#12 ·
This is dinky town of 2000. Julia lives in town. The hospital is in town. Cop lady gets radio guy to drive her to Julia's house from someplace in town. She could have been there, seen that they and her car were gone, and then found them at the the hospital long before Barbie left the place.

#14 ·
I'm really having trouble sticking with this. I want to see how this season ends, and then the SP will go *poof*. As many have said, this would have been much better as a closed-end mini-series.

A few of this week's stupids...

* If Max wanted to kill Julia, why didn't she? Standing 3 feet away, she shoots Julia on her (Julia's) right side, guaranteeing to miss the heart. Why not pop one more into her head, or anywhere that might fatally wound her? It didn't make any sense.

* The leaps of logic that the four kids are making are just ridiculous. They see four "pink stars" that don't make sense, well that means the dome wants them to go touch the outer dome. And when they do, the dome will tell them what to do next. And the rainbow colored cocoon means Barbie is the monarch. And Julia is good because she sees things, but Dodee is bad because it shocked her. And Angie and Junior are meant to be together because the wind stopped.

* That tornado like cloud was the freakiest weather funnel I have *ever* seen. Like something from a Roland Emmerich movie. Yet people are simply going, "well heck, looks like a storm is a-coming". Seriously? A Wizard of Oz tornado is in the sky, INSIDE the dome, and everyone is just walking around?

* It's taken this long for hoodlums to start siphoning gas? And of course the electric cars can still go. How convenient that Julia has one.

* How long can that propane last?!?

Please be almost over...
Some of your leaps of "logic" are as far fetched as the writing on this show.
The chrysalis (no idea where you get "rainbow" from) means Barbie is the monarch. I'm pretty sure that Joe was basing his opinion on Barbie being the monarch, on how Barbie was the one helping and saving everyone and not on the fact that there is a bug in the mini dome.

I wouldn't assume that the cop car was among the first cars to have its gas siphoned. I would assume that it would be one of the last vehicles someone would risk siphoning gas from. The only thing wrong with the whole scene is that the siphoner not only left the tubing so that lady cop could find it later to show us that it had been siphoned, but that the siphoner took the time to tuck the tubing behind the lid and close it rather than just yanking it out to use again.

#17 ·
I wonder what cord Barbie used to make his mobile phone's alarm disconnect the power to the plant? Thank god he is part time electrician when he isn't busy doing major surgery with a pen and some tubing. I think MacGyver Barbie will be just fine out on his own in the wild.
Building a nuclear reactor out of cow manure and propane?

I hope that Linda's actions are part of some long term plan because otherwise, she's the stupidest cop I've seen since the Police Academy movies.

#21 ·
Suddenly the world outside the Dome is green and pleasant again. So much for MOAB.

What will happen to the fight club now that Maxine is dead?
I thought that only hit on one side of the dome? The other areas outside the dome have been fine everytime they showed it. It wasn't a nuclear explosion, it was a conventional weapon. Which means it can only be so big. Certainly not large enough to destroy everything around the circumference of the dome.

#23 ·
I'm only sticking around until the end of the season. It's beyond stupid, and for me, that says a lot, since I give a LOT of stupid writing a wide birth if it entertains me. This show is no longer doing so.

But the ratings are still pretty high, so I fully expect Beyond the Dome 2 (The Baby Dome is Born) next summer. I won't watch.

#24 ·
I thought that only hit on one side of the dome? The other areas outside the dome have been fine everytime they showed it. It wasn't a nuclear explosion, it was a conventional weapon. Which means it can only be so big. Certainly not large enough to destroy everything around the circumference of the dome.
To my knowledge, this is the first time they have been back to the big Dome since MOAB hit. Maybe this area was untouched, but the side that was hit was completely devastated for miles.

I'm still confused about why the outside world is totally ignoring the people inside, especially when at least one side of the Dome is still accessible.

#25 ·
To my knowledge, this is the first time they have been back to the big Dome since MOAB hit. Maybe this area was untouched, but the side that was hit was completely devastated for miles.

I'm still confused about why the outside world is totally ignoring the people inside, especially when at least one side of the Dome is still accessible.
No, it isn't. At least the second time that we've seen normal area outside the dome since they tried to blow it up.

#26 ·
I may be giving the writers too much credit, but try this one on for size:

We know that the Dome can make people within it think that they are seeing things on the outside that aren't actually there (e.g. the four kids seeing Big Jim in this episode, the woman in labor seeing her sailor husband, etc). So who is to say that ANYTHING they see looking outward is an accurate reflection of what's really out there. Maybe, when looking outward, they just see what the Dome wants them to see -which is that the world has been unusually disinterested. Maybe there really ARE very active efforts to pierce the Dome, more than just the MOAB, and the water-spray test, and the few other things we've seen. Maybe the world outside the Dome really IS acting the way that we as viewers would expect it would, but the Dome itself is preventing its captives from actually seeing any of that. They are just being shown what the Dome wants them to see. That could also explain the rebel-girl's estranged father showing up. Someone had asked how he would know that she was trapped within, and why he was there, and how random and ill-written that seemed. Maybe he (and everyone else around him, on "visitor day,") was really just a projection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.