1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to set SP for new show.

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by paulnelson20, Apr 30, 2012.

1. paulnelson20

paulnelson20 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    So... I'm trying to set up a Season Pass for the new show 'Common Law' on USA @9:00 PM on Friday the 11th. I can click the record button and I get the check mark that lets me know it's going to be recorded, however, if I try to set up a Season Pass it only gives me the option to "Create a WishList search" and if I click on 'Upcoming' it says there are no episodes available to record in the next two week, even though it is listed in the guide. Should this end up fixing itself in the next week or so?

2. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I see the same thing, and have seen this for other shows when the date of the first show is the day before the end of the guide data.

When I am in the guide and click Select on the episode, the screen to "Record this showing", "Season Pass & other options", and "Explore this show" comes up. At the top of the page it says "Sea 1 Ep 1" and the "New" indicator is there.

Selecting "Season Pass & other options" goes to another page with "Get this show", "Upcoming" and so on.

"Get this show" only has the option to "Create a WishList search".
    "Upcoming" says "There are no episodes to record in the next two weeks".
    "Episodes" has an empty list of episodes from season 1.

Switching to the SDUI enabled creation of a Season Pass with no issues. So, you can use that method to get around what seems to be a bug in the HDUI.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I believe someone mentioned the problem is a discrepancy between local guide listings on the TiVo and the listings obtained from TiVo servers during HDUI search. As mentioned above switching to SDUI to schedule SP works since SDUI uses the local guide data. I never see this issue since I use SDUI but I've heard of the problem from HDUI users.