1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to disable Multi-Room viewing

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by fobird23, May 11, 2013.

1. fobird23

fobird23 New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I currently have four active premiers. I just activated the fourth about a week ago, replacing a Series2 device in my living room. When I began using this device I noticed that my bedroom Tivo was accessible via Multi-Room viewing. I was aware that MRV was able to be disabled from my account at Tivo.com and went there and attempted to disable this feature. The changes didn't take and now three of my Tivos are able to accessed by each other. The fourth shows that it is not in the acount.

What I'm getting at, is there are programs on my bedroom Tivo that I don't want to be seen from the living room or my kids rooms. I called customer support and a tech tried to help but could not do so. He had no answer for me except to suggest I turn on parental controls on the other devices. This suggestion is useless as my kids are 17 & 19 and mature enough to watch whatever they please. They just don't need to know what Mom & Dad are watching.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    If you can't disable it from tivo.com, you could put the TiVos on separate networks. I think the simplest thing would be to add a standard router between the TiVo you want to hide, and the rest of the LAN. The NAT would be enough to prevent communication between the TiVos, but they all could still access the Internet.
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    I believe that when 'Transfers' and 'Downloads' are disabled, The disabled Tivo would still show up on the other playlist, but it would just say there are no titles to display.
  4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Create separate account on tivo.com
  5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    You'd think it would/should work that way, but it doesn't. When a second Premiere was added to my account two years ago, I disabled video sharing on it. I could not transfer videos to the first Premiere that has sharing enabled but I could stream to that Premiere and the Premiere that had sharing disabled could both stream and transfer from the first Premiere.
  6. dianebrat

dianebrat Uncontrolled Force

Jul 6, 2002
    That's also what I would suggest,
    best way to ensure no cross contamination, different accounts.
  7. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm an adult. Will you share with me what Mom and Dad are watching?? :)
  8. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Reruns of "The Brady Bunch" :eek: