1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to Delte item in Deleted Shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BH9244, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I currently have 2 Tivo units in service specifically an elite unit and a premier on both tivos there is one deleted show in the deleted shows folder that I am unable to delete (different shows on each unit ), when I select the item and subsequently select permanently delete the unit doesn't reject the command but it seems to cycle back to a listing of the deleted items yet the item remains. I have tried restoring the show and re-deleting with the same result. Any ideas ? Txs

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    The file is probably locked by a remote transfer, a leftover pause in the View Window or some other event. If recovering the show and playing to the end does not allow you to permanently delete then it needs to be "unlocked" with a reboot of the DVR.

3. BH9244

BH9244 Member

Feb 10, 2009

Thanks for the help this solved the issue on both units, FWIW on the Elite unit I tried to restore and recde a message indicating the show had already been removed ( it was still listed ),so I reset and was able to delete, on the Premier Unit I tried restore and play to end but wasn't able to delete,so went ahead and rebooted and following that was able to delete..

Appreciate your help.