1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to connect to my Premiere from Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Mgnyc11, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Mgnyc11

Mgnyc11 New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I am trying to copy all my content from my old Premiere to my new Roamio. The Roamio is working fine and can detect the Premiere in my shows. I have forced multiple connections and rebooted both devices. I keep getting"

...My shows could not be displayed because of a network problem...

I am on ethernet wiring.
    Can ping both boxes.
    Can connect via a browser to both boxes
    Can see both DVRs from each other.
    Can see both boxes on Tivo.com and checked that they are both enabled for copying and streaming.

The Roamio has only been online for a few hours. Does this just take time to work through Tivo's servers or is something not acting right?

2. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    JBLM, WA
    I think it can take up to 24 hours for it to update in TiVos system that the two TiVos are on the same account(MRV won't work until). It took mine 9-10 hours. You can check it on TiVos website: My Account.

3. sterfry

sterfry New Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Belmont, NC
    I have a Roamio and a Premiere XL on a wired network. This is the first time I have owned 2 TiVos that could "talk" to each other. After the Roamio completed it's initial setup both boxes were communicating almost immediately. I copied all season passes to the Roamio via Tivo.com and am currently transferring all my recorded shows from the Premier to the Roamio. So far everything is working properly. I ordered my Roamio via standard shipping so maybe the "slow" shipping allowed Tivo to have everything setup properly on their end? I think a call to Tivo tech support might be in order.

4. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    Try a reset on the Premiere.

5. Mgnyc11

Mgnyc11 New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    It took almost 24 hrs but its working now. This morning, I forced a connection on each box, reset both of them and it worked after that. Thanks everyone!

6. tough joe

tough joe New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    yea im having the same problem, just bought the roamio did guided set up and this is what im getting... will wait till tomorrow evening and force a reboot on all my units.

thanks mgnc11