1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to cancel a Video Podcast

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by qman68, May 17, 2012.

1. qman68

qman68 New Member

May 30, 2004
    I have a Series 3 HD dual Tuner on Brighthouse. I had subscribed to Scam School Video Podcast but decided that I don't want it any longer. I unsubscribed to the podcast but it keeps downloading. I tried subscribing and unsubscribing to no avail. I have done the usual diag, power down, remove from network and restart system, still no luck.

Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

2. 9300170

9300170 Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    I've had a podcast on my series 3 for over 4 years that I can't get rid of either. I've just given up on ever getting rid of it an delete it every few days. would love to hear of a sure-fired way to finally remove it~!

3. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    An older post on getting rid of a webcast stated:

Called Tivo and got it fixed with the help of a support person. Here's how: go to Tivo Central>Video on Demand>Free VOD and Web Videos>All. Go through alphabetized list and deselect "Wine Library TV" and save change. The Tivo person said to go back to Tivo Central and then back into Free VOD and Web Videos to see if it was actually showing as deselected. It wasn't, it was still checked, and the Tivo person said it might take a couple of hours to kick in and gave me a reference number to call back with the next day if it didn't go away. I checked the next day, "Wine Library TV" was deselected and has remained so since. No more Wine Library TV downloads.

This was to remove Wine Library -- you would look for the podcast you want to remove. If this fails, call Tivo support and have them walk you through the solution.

4. qman68

qman68 New Member

May 30, 2004
    poppagene, Thanks for the reply, but the Video Podcast in question is not showing up as selected. That is the problem. It just keeps recording every week. :(