1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC PPV and Error V58

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by burk, Nov 16, 2013.

1. burk

burk New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I picked up a Premiere TiVo about 4 months ago and for the first time today, I want to order a PPV event. When I switch to the Comcast PPV channel, I get the following error "This channel is not authorized. Contact your cable provider at 1-877-367-8486 for more information (V58)."

I've spoken to people at both TiVo and Comcast now and the final person I talked to at Comcast said that if I just order the event, the channel will work when the event starts. That's a little less than an hour from now and I'm not convinced this is going to work.

Has anyone else had this issue and is it really just a matter of having the program ordered and the channel will then work?

Thanks!

2. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ

So, did it work?

3. ScaryMike

ScaryMike New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Madison, WI
    I have had no luck getting PPV through tivo.

picture

4. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Did you actually order that event over the phone from your cable co? On a Tivo, you won't see the typical info screens and options to order directly from the TV like you would with the cable co box. You can, however, order the event and the cable company systems should authorize that channel for that particular event.

I've never done it myself, but know others have done so successfully.

5. ScaryMike

ScaryMike New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Madison, WI
    Yes, ordered over the phone.