1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two tivos, one GLO remote?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by buscuitboy, Sep 4, 2013.

1. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    I have some older series 3 HD TiVos that have standard remotes with the 1-2 switch to allow one TiVO peanut remote to control two TiVOs. These older series 3s are all in basement rooms and lightly used on a daily basis.

I now also have a 4-tuner premeire in our main bedroom, but am using an older Series 3 (OLED) glo remote with it. All works good.

I was thinking of moving one of the older series 3 TiVos from the basement and stack it on top of the bedroom's 4-tuner Premiere, but then wanted to somehow use only one remote for both. Is this possible with the Series 3 GLO remote or does the remote HAVE to have that 1-2 switch in order to be able to do this?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It has to have the 1-2 switch or you have to manually change the remote code on the remote every time you want to use the other TiVo.

3. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    Though my GLO remote has a nasty habit of leaking the setting of one switch's code to the other. So sometimes it goes from 1/2 to 2/2 or 1/1.

--Carlos V.

4. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Actually, I just remembered that I have a Harmony 200 remote (3 devices). Any chance a harmony remote can be programmed to control two different TiVos?

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yeah. When you use your "original" remote to teach the Harmony just use any peanut remote and program it to have the remote code for the TiVo you want to control.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I used to have five or six TiVo devices with different remote codes entered into my Harmony One to easily switch between multiple TiVos.