1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? :)
    Dismiss Notice

Two Minis - One MOCA and One Ethernet?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by mntvjunkie, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mntvjunkie

mntvjunkie New Member

May 12, 2009
    Is this configuration possible? Thinking of grabbing two Mini's, in one of the rooms I have Cable, but no ethernet, and in the other I have ethernet and no cable.
  2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo New Member

Dec 18, 2002
    Yes, provided everything ends up on the same IP subnet.
  3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator TC Club

Apr 17, 2000
    One thing to note is that the basic Roamio does not have MoCa built in. You don't say which TiVo you plan to pair the Minis to, but if it's a basic Roamio then you'll need a MoCa adapter somewhere on your network for the MoCa Mini to work. If you have a 4 tuner Premiere or a 6 tuner Roamio then those have MoCa built in and your setup will work fine provided the TiVo is connected to Ethernet. (the TiVo will act as a Ethernet/MoCa bridge)
  4. mntvjunkie

mntvjunkie New Member

May 12, 2009
    I'll be getting a Roamio Pro. Glad to hear that this setup will work. I don't plan on splitting up my subnet, or anything complex like that.

Now I just have to wait for the Roamio Pro to ship.
  5. aristoBrat

aristoBrat New Member

Dec 30, 2002
    I've got two Minis and a Pro on MoCa and one mini on ethernet -- no issues!
  6. profet

profet New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    You'll need a moca bridge in a room with both ethernet AND cable.

While the plus and pro have included bridges, they need access to an Ethernet cable to actually bridge the connection.