1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two IP/Mac Addresses

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ustavio, Nov 5, 2013.

1. ustavio

ustavio New Member

Oct 19, 2013
    My Fios Actiontec Router shows two separate IP addresses and corresponding MAC addresses for my Tivo Roamio Pro. They are identical except for one IP ends in 1.6, MAC ending in f0 and another 1.7, MAC ending in f1. I am do not have a Mini to stream to and I have not enabled wireless (to my knowledge). I do have a Tivo HD (IP ending in 1.5) that I transfer to and from (it won't allow streaming). My set up is purely MoCA. Is this normal?

2. HDRyder9

HDRyder9 Member

Aug 2, 2007
    One IP address is for the Roamio and the other is for the Tivo Stream built into the Roamio.

3. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    The internal Stream has its own IP address. This is normal.

4. JonHB

JonHB New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    The only thing that sucks about having two adapters is that you can only set a static IP for the Roamio adapter - not the stream.

5. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    Yeah, you'll need to set a DHCP reservation on your router if you want it to have a static IP.

6. NJguy

NJguy New Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Man I was racking my brain about why there were two IP address' also. Thanks for that info. All makes sense now. :up: