1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two and a Half Men to replace the half a man with

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ewolfr, Jul 11, 2013.

1. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    SoCal
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...es-lesbian-character-20130710,0,5037425.story

"Two and a Half Men" is about to become "Two Men and a Gay Woman."

Partly as a replacement for Angus T. Jones -- whose screen time will be sharply cut after he publicly bashed the show as "filth" last year -- CBS' hit sitcom is going to add a recurring and possibly permanent lesbian character named Jenny. She's the 21-year-old illegitimate daughter of the late Charlie Harper, who was played by Charlie Sheen, who himself was booted from the show after tangling with his bosses.

2. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    Sounds like a great idea, the show certainly needs something. And the person doesn't really have to be very attractive. Some of my favorite characters on TV have been less than gorgeous.

I wish they would pull Ashton. I loved him in 'That 70s' show, but he stinks on this show. Could he get a huge contract working for the NSA and then find he couldn't stomach the immorality of the NSA and defect to Bolivia? Then he could be replaced by a better written character. Or have Herb win the lottery and move in. I really like Herb.

3. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    A) the 21 year old will be hot
    B) no problem with Kutcher.

4. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Watched the very first episode with Kutcher and promptly canceled my series recording. I haven't missed it.

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I too think this would make for a much more fun idea. Herb is hilarious IMO.

6. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    I don't have any problem with Kutcher.

We'll have to see if the show stays funny.

Right now, it's the Alan Harper character that has devolved is not funny anymore.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Maybe she moves in and Alan and has an epiphany, or maybe therapy and acknowledges that all this time he is gay and has been denying his inner feelings.

8. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Eh, what will actually happen is she moves in and starts making comments about Ashton's girls, (maybe in a charlie manner :D ) or makes a move on the older cleaning lady, and Alan will apology for anything he says that he thinks may bother her even if it doesn't.

9. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    you lost me at making a move on the cleaning lady.

10. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    When they replaced Charlie Sheen with Ashton Kutcher I felt like I got punked. That's not to say that Sheen didn't deserve to get axed for being such an ass. What's funny is that he fired his co-star on Anger Management for making comments about him.

11. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I missed that story. Which costar? I am not noticing anyone missing off the show.

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
  13. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
  14. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Ah, hell. She was about the only reason I watch that show. The rest of the characters are straight out of the Producers' Handy Guide to Generic Casting handbook.

15. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    Seems like an odd thing to say.

16. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    I think I watched two, but the same result. It wasn't just that Kutcher is a terrible actor, but Alan wasn't funny any more either (IMO).

17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    This.

18. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Somehow that seems insulting to call a woman half a man.

19. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    As opposed to not working?

20. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Maybe it now means Alan?

When Kutcher first came on, the show lists its way for a while. It hit stride again after a few shows. It is funny and good again.

Alan hasn't changed. It's just that he is saying the things that were said about him by his dead brother.