1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TWC ESPN Full Court

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by andyw715, Jan 27, 2014.

1. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Does ESPN Full Court require a TWC cable box? Or can it be tuned with a cable card/tuning adapter?

I signed up for TWC Sports Pass which includes ESPN FC. The channels all say "Blackout" in the guide data for any game that is currently scheduled.
    When I check the ESPN FC blackout map it doesn't show our area as being blacked out.

It appears that TiVo is tuning something (I don't get a "tuning adapter can't tune this station" message), its just a black screen.

I'm planning on going to TWC store today to get another CC so I'll ask about it then, but just wondering in the mean time if there is any explanation.

2. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    They are required to support any linear channel via cablecard that they support via their set tops. The only thing they don't have to support on cablecard devices is video on demand.

3. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    don't know what the rules on this are, but if TWC considers this channel to be PPV, that might be their way of saying no to TiVo Customers.

I know a lot of cable companies do not support PPV on CableCards.

Are they required to by law?

4. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Receive all “linear” channels (channels other than “on-demand”) in your subscription package. This includes premium channels and specialty channels. For some channels delivered using a technique called “switched digital video,” you may need a second device called a “tuning adapter.” This device is typically provided at no additional charge to CableCARD customers. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(4). CableCARD-ready devices currently cannot receive your cable operator’s Video on Demand services.

From: http://www.fcc.gov/guides/cablecard-know-your-rights

5. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    There is one PPV ESPN FC channel and that one, rightfully, displays a message when trying to tune it (tuning adapter can't tune the channel).

The rest appear to be tuned but are just black screens.

6. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Sounds like a switched digital problem

7. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Hmm maybe o should try a reboot of both the tivo and tuning adapter.