1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TWC customer moving to Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mpaquette, Feb 26, 2014.

1. mpaquette

mpaquette New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    South Carolina
    I currently have 2 Premiere's each with a TWC cable card and tuning adapter. I'm replacing them with a Roamio and a mini. I'm curious what my best bet is for moving the cable card. Should I put it in the Roamio, run the guided setup and then call TWC support?

2. rcandsc

rcandsc Mark it 8 Dude.. TCF Club

Feb 5, 2014
    Liberty, MO.
    That is exactly what I did when I received my new Roamio. TWC cable card support is excellent, at least in my experience.

3. mpaquette

mpaquette New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    South Carolina
    Does anyone know the national number for TWC's cable card help center?

4. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
  5. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    I ran guided setup before moving my CableCard and didn't regret that.

6. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    If I recall correctly, I think I ran the guided setup after installing the CableCard and didn't have any issues doing it that way either.

7. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    The TWC CC (and TA) help center was moved from NC to Buffalo, NY and the current number is: 1.866.532.2598
    However the old 5889 number automatically forwards to the correct number (at least for now, but maybe not forever).

That linked PDF is obviously somewhat dated but still mostly correct. The bottom line is call the national help desk for questions or help. In my experience it is the only part of TWC support that really knows anything about Tivos. When I have a problem I call them first rather than my local support. They used to want you to call local support first but don't even mention that anymore.

8. mpaquette

mpaquette New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    South Carolina
    I ended up following the guided set up and put in the cable card when prompted. I called the TWC national number and about 30 minutes later I was good to go. Had to reboot the Roamio once in order for the tuning adapter to be recognized. The people that take the calls at the TWC national cable card help center are great to work with. Very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.