1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV not detecting 3D mode

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tony Chick, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Tony Chick

Tony Chick New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    I've had a DirecTV HR21 connected to my LG 3D TV and whenever I switch to one of the 3D channels, the TV automatically switches into the correct mode and then back when I go back to a regular channel. When I try the same thing with the XL4 using the T-W 3D Olympics channel, the TV does not detect it and I need to manually put it into the correct 3D mode and same when I leave the channel.

Now the carrier is different, as is the channel and DVR so I'm not sure where the issue is. Does anyone else have 3D mode switching issues?

Sorry, meant to post this in the Premiere section.

2. rhettf

rhettf R3T1CAL

Apr 5, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    The TiVo doesn't support the 3D flag (which tells your TV to switch on 3D mode). You always have to turn it on manually.

3. Tony Chick

Tony Chick New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    Thanks. Is that just a software flag which means they could add it, or is it an HDMI 1.4 thing?

4. rhettf

rhettf R3T1CAL

Apr 5, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    Only HDMI 1.4x supports the 3D Flag. It can't be done in software since the HDMI board would have no way to send it.