1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Listings are missing critical info

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by chucks, Oct 2, 2012.

1. chucks

chucks New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Hello,
    Last night I configured my new TiVo Premiere for Antenna only use. It was great to scan my local channels and get all the Program Guide info.

I was watching a show called "Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide" on KQED 9-1. This is a two part show with two 2-hour segments. Part 1 was last night and the conclusion is tonight.

I still have a Comcast provided DVR (that I plan to get rid of soon). The Comcast program guide clearly describes last night's "Half the Sky" episode as "Part 1" and tonight's "Half the Sky" episode as "Conclusion." The TiVo Program Guide has the exact same description for both episodes and has no mention of Part 1 or Conclusion. If I depended on TiVo listings, I would easily miss the Conclusion of this compelling TV show. This was a frustrating first impression of the TiVo program guide.

Can this issue be fixed or improved in the future?
    Thanks,
    Chuck

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

The guide is at the mercy of what PBS and/or the PBS affiliate in your media market tells Tribune Media Services and what Tribune Media Services tells the TiVo, Inc. servers.

3. chucks

chucks New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    That's understandable, but somehow Comcast is able to provide a more accurate description (for this program). If TiVo is paying Tribune Media Services for the data, then TiVo should be able to report errors and request improvements.

I'm new to TiVo, but it seems like if TiVo provided an easy way for TiVo users to report errors and suggest improvements on the Program Guide that this could improve the quality of the data.

If the solution is "do nothing" then nothing will ever improve.

4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Since you just configured the Premiere last night it could be that it did not have enough time to index all the guide data before you looked at it. Try checking today to see if the descriptions have changed.

If you hit record on the episodes does it give you the option to create a season pass? If so, then TiVo knew there was more than one episode and would have recorded both episodes if you set one up. TiVo doesn't use the description when setting up a season pass.

Good luck and enjoy your new TiVo!

5. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/contactsupport/lineup_tool.html