1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Input on Samsung TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by TC25D, Aug 28, 2013.

1. TC25D

TC25D New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    On my Samsung TV's remote, I hit the following sequence of keys to change the input source;

1. Source Key - Displays the list of inputs
    2. Up or Down Keys - Select the input you want - There's no option to select an input by hitting a number key.
    3. Enter Key - switch to the selected input

I programmed the Roamio remote to bring up the list of inputs, however, I can't get the TiVo remote to accept the Up or Down buttons.

I've tried all the codes for Samsung TVs and none of them seem to support the Up and Down keys. :confused:

2. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    If its like both my Samsung TVs you can just hit the input button multiple times to move down the list, let it set for a second and it will select that input.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The same here. As well as with other brands of TVs I've used.

4. TC25D

TC25D New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Thanks!

Now, how do I get the Source List to disappear? :) (Other than waiting for it to disappear on its own.)

5. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    The quick fix is to hit the volume button up or down. Not really the best solution but its a work around to keep from using both remotes.

6. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    My samsung TV has discrete codes for switching to all the inputs (the logitech harmony database knows about them even if the samsung remote doesn't).

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Actually, that's a great solution, compared to mine. Assuming I didn't have the original Samsung remote handy, once I have it on the input I want, I turn the TV off and back on to remove the Source List from displaying.:eek:

8. Alanbrad

Alanbrad New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Once I tell the software that I go directly to each input, software wants the name for each input. I don't have them all available in the drop down box i.e. HDMI1.

My TV is a New samsung PS50C91HD.

Robot Vacuum

9. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    I use the volume buttons to control my receiver. I programmed the mute button which I never use to volume down, to accomplish the work around. Just another way to skin the cat!!

10. ccfoodog

ccfoodog New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    This is what I do (volume down) which works out well since I don't use the TV speakers.

-john

11. ccfoodog

ccfoodog New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    This is great to know. I assumed since my tv remote didn't have such an option that it did not exist. Makes me more interested in the Harmony remotes.

Thanks,

-john

12. Gulley

Gulley New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Great idea, but you can just program the "enter" key from the Samsung remote to be the mute button and skip the volume change.

Thanks