1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning Adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by musictoo, May 29, 2012.

1. musictoo

musictoo New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    Thank you Time Warner for for the awesome tuning adapter that locked up on Friday night and stopped all recordings over the weekend while I was away. Good times...
  2. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Somehow i think this should be posted in a Time Warner Forum....

There is one on DSL Reports
  3. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    Welcome to the only downfall for Tivo.

I blame Tivo more than the CableCo's for still not building hardware that supports 2-way for SDV and relying on the CableCo's to band aid it for them..

That being said I have learned to reboot my Tivo's and Tuning adapters before I leave if I am going to be gone for any extended amount of time.

Has eliminated this problem for me.
  4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    I think the problem is that, instead of an industry standard, each cable co. does SDV with whatever hardware they choose, which means you need something that can talk to their headend or wherever the "add this channel to the mix" request is dealt with, and there's no way for TiVo to know that in advance.
  5. zowwie85

zowwie85 New Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Put the tuning adapter on one of those lamp timers. 15 minutes or whatever the smallest increment is "off" at say 3:30 in the morning.
  6. pmiranda

pmiranda New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Has anyone tried something like this? I'm worried it would create more problems than it would solve. Also F1 races usually air in the middle of the night so I have trouble finding a reliable dead time.
  7. lavaweb

lavaweb New Member

Nov 1, 2006
    I have TWC coming out for this specific reason, both MOTO tuning adapters went to blinking yellow lights, phone support can't do anything so hopefully their tech can. Since they didn't work Tivo didn't record Monaco.... BOOO!
  8. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    I was having this issue, sometimes I'd change channels and get message no signal found. Or the yellow light would flash and none of the switched channels worked. It's taken three truck rolls over 5 mos to figure out there was a problem between the box outside on the ground and my wall.. They pulled a new wire and it's stable now.

Of course I had to threaten I'm canceling if this isn't fixed this time.