1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning Adapter Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by macd2, Nov 28, 2010.

1. macd2

macd2 New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    My Tivo and my tuning adapter seemed to have stopped talking.
    Under TA diagnostics, Status summary: Status Ready.
    Under DVR diagnostics: Tuning Adapter: Not available, Last status: Initializing

I've rebooted everything, and repeated guided setup.

Anything else I can try before calling Time Warner?

2. Lrscpa

Lrscpa Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Check connections especially the USB between the TA and the TiVo. The TA should have a solid green light - assuming it's a Cisco STA1520.

3. macd2

macd2 New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Tuning adapter has solid green light.
    I can go to the TA Diagnostic screen and view all of the screens. The diagnostics connection is over USB, so the USB connection must be fine.
    If I unplug the USB, the Tuning Adapter's LED starts to blink. When I plug it back in, the blinking stops, but Tivo does not give the "TA attached" pop-up, that I've seen before.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Did you "reboot" the TA by removing power, not just hitting the button on the front?

Do you get some channels, just not the SDV channels?

5. macd2

macd2 New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    I reboot by removing power.
    I get most channels, missing only those (I assume) are SDV.

6. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Time to call TWC. When they schedule the inevitable truck roll pressure them to bring a new TA for substitution.

7. Grumock

Grumock New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Nowhere...
    My advise is this: When you disconnect the USB are you getting a message saying that the TA is disconnected...? When you disconnected the USB you said you are getting the 6 blink light pattern. I would have you remove the USB & power for 15 seconds. Then reconnect the POWER ONLY & wait, the light will go solid for about 10-15 seconds & start flashing. It should basically turn into a turn signal pattern of flashing & will finally go solid after about 5 minutes or so. ONCE IT GOES SOLID then reconnect the USB cord & you should get the message that the TA has been connected to the DVR. At that time try your SDV channels.