1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuner Adapter Help on Roamio's

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by amseven11, Aug 30, 2013.

1. amseven11

amseven11 New Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Hey guys, after hard drive update experiments etc. I FINALLY got Charter to install today. I have a question. I have 2 Roamio (4 tuner boxes) and 1 Premiere (2 tuners) I was given Motorolla MTR700 TA's. Going through the install with a phone rep I got a message saying they only support 2 tuners there for all 4 won't be useable. Does this sound right? I only ask because I had a bunch of stuff set to record and from everything I can tell 4 tuners are recording when I set them on the Roamio. I just checked again and set 4 things to record all in HD and them played each back. So am I good to go? Charter said they would bring the "proper TA's" tomorrow but maybe that message earlier about the tuners was just a glitch?

2. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    See if you can go into settings and messages/account & system information/tuning adapter/tuning adapter diagnostics, and then it will turn into that gray and black screen, then go down to code modules, and see what platform version is listed there. If its platform version 01.37 or higher then the tuning adapter supports 6 tuners.

3. amseven11

amseven11 New Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Thanks so much. I'm good to go!

4. supie

supie New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Hi
    I have Charter and 2 XL4's and now a Roamio Pro. I have had the XL4’s since they came out and 4 tuners do work.

Charter people will will give you the wrong info just because there are a very few that know what they are talking about. I was told just yesterday that they do not support TiVo?

I found when they don't know what is right you have to keep escalating till you get someone who is knowledgeable.