1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood - "You're No Good" 6/30 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jul 1, 2013 #1 of 55
    Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    What, no thread yet? In fact there was no thread for the last episode. Isn't there anyone still watching this? I know there have been some posts that think TB isn't as good as it was in the beginning, but I think its even better! Also, some posts were complaining about all the different kinds of supernatural people and preferred only having vampires. But again I differ - certainly if vampires exist for real than it makes sense that other types of creatures exist. And I especially like the faeries and the fact that Sooky is at least half faerie. And in this episode we find out that she is part royalty!! I also thought it was very fitting that Steve Newlin is going to be "researched" upon and meets up with his ex-wife who is now working for the "researchers"!!

Anyway, I do have a question. What happened to Russell Edgeington? EDIT: I just went to HBO.com and they have some nice summaries of the episodes and I read and remembered that Eric staked him in last season's finale.

I still think its the best show on TV!!!

Gerry

2. Jul 1, 2013 #2 of 55
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Still watch. It's a fun show, but I think it's nearing the end of its life. Good example of how most dramas (most, but not all) start to wear out after 6 years or so. We've seen everything we can see about our characters, and it becomes time to bring the story to a close. No matter how you mix up a story, bring in fresh characters, change the scenery, it's still the same ol' show. Notice how many superb dramas come to an end after 6-8 years. Even the Game of Thrones showrunners have talked about trying to wrap it up within that time frame, and that's a show I could watch forever!. But they acknowledge the reality of wearing out your welcome.

Having said that... this season is ok. Better than some, worse than others. Note that Alan Ball, the original showrunner, left this year and we have a new one. Also note that there will be 10 episodes this year, instead of the usual 12.

I could do with some character trimming--Alcide (actually, all of the wolves), Nora, most of the Fae, the new guy (Ben?), a few others. Eric is having a standout year so far, although Pam is not as much fun as she used to be. And why are they underusing Lafayette?

3. Jul 1, 2013 #3 of 55
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Frankly I think they screwed themselves out of several years of interesting episodes by veering away from the books and into some of the crazier storylines they've had and basically wrote themselves into the corner they're in now. It's been a lot less interesting/thoughtful and more action-packed for a while now.

4. Jul 1, 2013 #4 of 55
    tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    I'm still enjoying it, although it doesn't captivate like earlier. I watch most TV while simultaneously surfing with a laptop. At first, I put the laptop down for TB. Not anymore.

Anyway, I wanted to say something about the previous ep., but there was no thread: I guess fatherhood is taking over other inclinations because all I could think when Sookie brought the new halfblood guy home is, "When you bring strange men back to your house, YOU COULD WEAR SOME PANTS!"

5. Jul 1, 2013 #5 of 55
    Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    I'm still watching, but the show has gone off the rails. There's just an overabundance of character changes, plot twists, etc. I guess the flip side of that is that you can't accuse the show of stagnating.

It's not as bad as V, when I kept watching just to see how horrible it was getting. That was entertaining in a perverse sort of way.

It's not as bad as Desperate Housewives, which I kept watching out of sheer habit and the psychology of sunken cost.

It's not as bad as Battlestar Galactica, but it's kinda getting that way. Much like BSG in the last season or so, I am not feeling great about where we're headed but I'm still engaged.

Having said all that, I'm still watching. I have no plans to stop. I don't have much to say about it either, though. It's become a wacky soap opera where anything can happen.

6. Jul 1, 2013 #6 of 55
    NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i'm watching, but they almost lost me last season. the first four seasons, it was "us" against "them" - rene, maryann, russell, and marnie. then, season five (even with russell reborn), it seemed more like "us" verses "us" - vamps fighting vamps, wolves fighting wolves, fae fighting fae, sheriff fighting sheriff, and any combination of those. that's when they started to lose me. i'll finish this season and say goodbye.

7. Jul 1, 2013 #7 of 55
    AeneaGames

AeneaGames Member

May 2, 2009
    This, absolutely this. The books were a lot more fun and they went their own way, sadly...

8. Jul 1, 2013 #8 of 55
    bluntspoon

bluntspoon New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    vegas
    I watched the first episode this season and I realized that I just did not care one jot what happened to any of these people. I've watched every episode up to this point and it was my favorite show there for a while, but no more.

I'm out.

9. Jul 1, 2013 #9 of 55
    NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    I could have used your 'guys' support in another thread in this forum when I express my disappointment with the show and took on some friendly flames. I too would love to see an improvement.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I wouldn't mind if the werewolves all disappeared.

11. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    The top female is not bad to look at and gets naked so she can stick around a while.

I think for some reason they've won me back after last season.

They could weed out some of the characters. Tara can go. The werewolves and Sam's step kid shifter whatever can go.

Not sure I like the Humans for Vampire Safety League or whatever they're called but they weeded them out pretty quick and saved the girl from Friday Night Lights so we'll see what they do with her. Sam's next fling?

So is Lafayette normal (as normal as he was when he first showed up) now?

12. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    This sums up all my views perfectly!

one or two more threesomes and the wolves can stay for as long as they want :D

13. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    It's easier to remember multiple characters after seeing them nekkid!

And did anyone watch the end after the credits that showed the redhead in a little nighty with the link to baby-vamp/jessica or something like that? Can't look here at work.

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I must be one of the few people who like Tara. Her interactions with Pam crack me up. Plus I think she's the best looking woman on the show.

15. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I don't think you'll get any disagreement with that statement! ;)

16. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm with you all the way. I'm glad she was turned.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She really wore thin on me pretty fast.

But then she died, and since then she's been much better.

18. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Anybody else think Ben is Warlo? he's hurt and he seemed to be asking for permission to enter Sookie's house.

I think Gramps knows he is Warlo too.

19. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it seems far-fetched that Ben would turn out to be Warllow given granddaddyfae's abilities. But I do admit that this is what I keep expecting will happen.

But they now seem to be taking the romantic angle with him and Sookie.

20. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    There's definitely more to Grandaddy than he's let on so far. I don't know about Ben being Warlow (Warlo? Worloe? War-Low?) though. Seems a little too obvious.