1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood - "Who Are You, Really?" 6/16

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    What, no thread yet.

I thought it was a very good beginning of the season. I thought I recognized the actor playing Warlow and I confirmed it at IMDb - Rutger Houer!

I just knew when Sookie and Jessica got to the house Bill would be back to his more "normal' looking self. But he now has powers that even he does not know about. And surprise surprise - He can't be killed with a wooden stake! I wonder if any of the other "true death" methods would work on him: silver bullets or beheading (are there any others?)

Anyway, I'm quite glad that its back!!!

Gerry

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I too thought it was a strong beginning. It was fun to see so many of the ongoing characters together at one time, in one place. I think when they piled out of that van/SUV, they had Sookie, Taravamp, Eric, Jessica, Pam, Nora and whoever I've forgotten.

So this season will be about discovering Bill's power? Can silver stop him? Can *anything* stop him?

I'm not sure where the Rutger Hauer story will go, but he seems a perfect fit for a story like True Blood.:up:

3. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Burning. That's how they supposedly killed Lilith. I doubt anything else could work, since we already saw him survive being turned into a puddle of goo.

Maybe they could freeze him with liquid nitrogen and then take him to a steel mill and drop him into molten steel. ;)

4. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes, the Warlow storyline has caught my interest as well.

I hope the Jason sees his dead parents storyline finishes soon. That one is annoying. Especially since he has not told Sookie about it and she has not figured it out, which is out of character for both of them.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I was a little surprised that all those blood-soaked characters didn't ever take a shower.

Together.

6. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    As far as Bill's power, from previews at the end of the show it looks like he does not need an invitation to enter a house and he may even be able to go out in the sun.

7. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    But we were shown him standing calmly in the midst of the flames of the burning building, as the crew made their getaway. The fire didn't seem to bother him.

8. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I saw him standing near the flames, not actually in them. He probably got burned a bit getting out, but we know even regular vampires can survive flames for a short time (for example, Bill and Eric got a little cooked when that witch tried to burn them at the stake).

When I talk about burning him to kill him, I mean some serious heat. Like a cremation oven, at a minimum.

9. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Jason was actually back to being interesting for about 10 minutes when he was standing up to Erik and his sister...but then went back to being a stooge pretty quickly.

10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Did anyone spend more than even 5 seconds not realizing that Rutger Hauer was Warlow?

I mean, besides Jason. :)

11. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I recognized him the moment he spoke, and then I was surprised I did not recognize him earlier. Good casting choice, I think.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I was thinking, "How often is it that Rutger Hauer is the second-craziest person in the car?" :D

13. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I had no idea who the actor was but I knew it was Warlow.

14. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Went from "why do we bother still watching this crap?" during the recap to, "Oh, I actually kind of like it so far!"

If HBO wants to have their highest rated program ever they just need to have a show focused on Alcide (in the nude) and all of his female minions (in the nude). Pretty much everyone wins.

15. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I thought it was Sookie's grandpa, the fairy.

Then got confused when he was so cryptic and menacing sounding to Jason.

I'm really excited about this season.

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's good to be the pack leader.

Can normal vampires fly on this show? It looked like Eric and his sister took off at one point. I know Bill flew but he's been superized.

No matter how weird or goofy this show gets, Lafayette is awesome.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    We've seen older vampires fly before. Eric's done it a couple of times.

18. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I only have known three so far, Edgerington, Eric, and Nora, to fly. Bill would be the fourth.

19. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have not read the books:

But is anybody else waiting for Jason to turn into a panther or something? I can't believe they focused so much on that story line a couple of seasons ago for nothing. I just keep waiting and waiting.

20. Rickvz

Rickvz TiVoholic

Sep 5, 2000
    Greenville,...
    I've read all but the last two books but the HBO series has strayed far from the books. I expected more from the storyline you mentioned as well but at this point it looks like they've moved on and will ignore it.

Loved Lafayette's asking if the little girl wanted "something deep fried, dipped in sugar, and fried again".