1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood "Somebody That I Used to Know" 7/29/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Jul 30, 2012.

1. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I don't know what I think of this episode yet.

I agree with the poster from last week that said the producers are very good at making it seem like something really good will come NEXT week.

Was I the only one that thought the whole pack master thing was supposed to be a fight?

Z

2. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I thought it would be a fight as well. I guess it can be a competition :shrug:

What makes zero sense is why Eric is sitting around at the table. He has made it clear that he does not agree with them. Why is he part of the inner circle?

3. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    DRAMA!

I don't know if Bill is just playing the part of if he has finally decided to abandon the last bit of humanity he had.

For vampires that are hundreds, and in some cases thousands of years old, they are seem pretty childish and stupid.

Sookie now has another vampire storyline, and oh look, it involves a new vampire who looks like Rorschach.

Hoyt, thank you for not killing Jessica.

4. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    If If Jessica died, or left the show.
    SP delete.

5. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I hate to say it, but I'm actually liking Tara more and more!

Why would that blonde even be in that club?

6. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Same as everyone else, she is a fangbanger.

That or she heard Tara was there and was dumb enough to think she could go down there and taunt her.

7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I hope Bill and Eric find a way to kill every single vampire in "the Authority" and go back to Louisiana. I'm sick sick sick of the religious tangent.

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think the latter is more likely. She didn't really dress like a fangbanger. :)

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, they're clearly under the influence of...something. Eric was able to shake it (with "Godric's" help). Now, he's hanging out with them because the alternative is to take them on directly (they're not about to just let him walk away), so he's waiting for some opportunity to present itself.

Luna also seemed to be under the influence of...something...in the hospital. Is it me, or is...something...going on?

10. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    I assumed she changed due to the extreme stress and anger she was feeling.

I'm also not sure how I feel about this one yet. I will say it's better than last week but that's not saying much..

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    My point is, her reaction in the hospital was excessive. She flew into an irrational rage...and the fact that you have a group of vampires exhibiting similar irrational behavior makes me suspect it's not a coincidence.

12. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I like the Pam & Tara dynamic.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I would so watch a Pam, vampire Tara and Lafayette spinoff. The rest of these people aren't very interesting.

I don't know what to think of Sookie's new vampire friend.

14. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Can someone explain (if it hasn't been already) why the one vampire in the group appears to be burned? Why hasn't he healed like every other vampire?

I might have missed it or slept through it. That seems to be happening a lot as I'm just not that interested in the show anymore.

8 of the 10 subplots have to go.

15. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Re: Luna shifting into Sam ... I thought a shifter could only shift into another person if they had killed a family member in the past. Wasn't that part of Sam's brother's storyline?

The burned vampire reminded me of Denis O'Hare's (Russell Edgington)
    character (Larry Harvey) in "American Horror Story".

The burnt vampire had to have been turned after he was burned. Hmmm, yet Tara was turned after she had her brains blown out (instant death). :confused:

16. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Luna's mother died giving birth to her, so technically Luna caused the death of a family member.

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think it's because he's been in that cell undergoing UV torture for a really long time. But I don't think that makes sense either. :)

One thing that bugged me... when they turned on the UV lights in the cells, why didn't the vamps go hide under the cots? It looked like they could find some shelter there.

18. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I assume that similiar to Russell, he had been "hurt" very badly and for a long period of time and it will just take some time for him to recover fully. Just like it took Russell a long time to heal.

19. Queue

Queue UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Apr 6, 2009
    I thought the burnt vamp was looking better on one side of his face.

Think the blood of Lillith is Fairy blood? During the witch season Eric got drunk when he drained Claudine.

20. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Damn, good catch.

I am almost certain you are right.

End of season will be Eric exposing this for the truth.