1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood S5E03 - Whatever I Am, You Made Me *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beryl, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Thoroughly enjoyed

- Pam's flashback - never thought about the fate of aging prostitutes.
    - Tara in the tanning bed (that was a first) - Pam had better get on her "maker" job
    - Jason finally getting a clue - pedophile teacher turned him out?
    - Vampire Salome - I didn't learn about that in Sunday School
    - Linda Purl added to the cast

Tired of
    - Sookie - isn't she supposed to be the main character?
    - Sam - he was OK when his brother was alive

2. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    That was about as boring an episode of True Blood as I ever remember seeing. Enough with the long lingering looks already.

And I don't want Jason to suddenly grow up. No! No! No! Bad Jason!

Don't really care about:

(x) Vampire Tara (although she has potential, I just know it)
    (x) Emo Alcide
    (x) Possessed Lafayette
    (x) Private Terry and what happened "that night" in Eye-Rack.
    (x) Studmuffin Sheriff Andy

Flashback with Eric and Pam is fun, but it was jarring to have Bill and whatshername show up. You'd think we would have had some hint over the last 4 seasons that Eric and Pam had met Bill in the past.

Loved "the new Nan." :D

Oh well, hoping for mo/better next week.

3. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Loved the "new Nan," as well. He's going to be just perfect!!

And, I also agree - why is this the first time we're learning that Eric and Pam had previously known Bill, and it seemed as though Eric and Lorena were quite familiar with one another... just seemed odd.

I had expected Pam to wake up and realize that she needed to 'train' Tara after her first dream... not wait until Tara actually needed her. At that point, I knew she'd be perturbed, which is totally Pam-like. I thought these flashbacks were also showing that Eric is true to the vampire life, and Pam would likely emulate that and the respect that it deserves when it comes to new vamps.

Why didn't we get to see any of the sex? Come on! Eric and Salome, Eric and Pam, Jason! We got nothing. :)

I really enjoyed seeing Andy and Holly being happy. They're cute together, and it is good that someone's got something positive happening in their life.

4. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    I thought it was a pretty good episode! I too think the "new" Nan is going to be very interesting.

I still am having a hard time with the Authority thinking Bill and Eric are part of the anti-mainstreaming movement. Yes, they may have screwed up their handling of the witches but they both have always shown their desire to coexist with humans. And yes, Eric's "sister" (I keep sister in quotes as I'm not sure exactly what their relationship, if any, is) did confess to being anti-mainstreaming saying that "mainstreaming is an abomination" but again why does that tie into Eric and Bill?

Still a great show!

Gerry

5. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I believe they are brother/sister because they both had the same maker: Godreich.

6. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    Agreed.

7. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Eric has been Sheriff of Louisiana for a few decades, and Lorena was a couple of hundred years old. I don't think it is all that surprising that a vampire would come to know all the vamps in his "territory" over a period of time. As to them knowing each other over the years and not mentioning it, I don't think it has been relevant up to this point. I don't really think it is relevant now, just something the writer's tossed in. It does not bother me though.

8. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I know, it's just a goofy show, but it felt like a Jetsons/Flintstones crossover. :D

9. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    OK! That makes sense . . . well, at least sense in the True Blood world of vampires, fairies, werewolves, shape-shifters, witches, etc!!!

Gerry

10. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Active Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I'm actually liking the season so far...all of the characters have been splintered off in their own story-lines for so long that it's nice seeing them come together in different ways again... I like the complex interactions among everyone...

Lafayette and Sookie struggling to cover up Debbie's murder, Tara going to Sam for help, the realization of why Jason is the way it is and Jessica trying to help him through a dark time, Pam remembering Eric's speech about the responsibility of being a maker then knowing she's gonna have to go save Tara, Alcide realizing Sookie killed Debbie... It's a lot more character driven which I'm into.

Does the Authority guy still think Bill and Eric were part of the movement though? I Thought they were comfortable that they weren't against mainstreaming, but they still needed to be punished for what happened with the witches (as well as blowing up main street, the hotel massacre, etc), and their penance is to find and bring down Edgington. I didn't think he still suspected them of being Sanguinista (or whatevs).

I wonder who the guy was the Jessica ran after? I'm guess he's a fairy? That's another thing I like about this show, they always find ways to bring characters into other story lines (assuming that's what he was, which I'm guessing based on his "16 sisters" comment, the fact that he smelled so good to Jessica, and the fact that he made her want to go bang Jason)

I did laugh when Andy told Holly that facebook took the picture down already--how the hell did he get in touch with someone from Facebook? It's f'in impossible! hahah

11. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Definitely a fairy. I can't remember if it is the same fairie Sookie saw a few times at the hotel (was he killed?).

But that was the fairy field where Jessica found his car and smelled him. Where Andy had sex with that fairy. Hey, maybe he is Andy's half-fairy son (all grown up timewarp-like)?

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Who was the vampire tech girl who strapped up Bill and Eric? She looked SO familiar, but I just can't place her...

13. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    It wasn't Tina Majorino was it?

Big Love, Veronica Mars

phox

14. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Yup, Tina was kind of reprising her 'Mac' role from VM.

BTW, you know there is nothing much to watch on TV when TCF has three True Blood episode threads going at the same time! :D

15. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    If you stayed for the end credits, his character is called "Faerie Claude".

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Thanks!

17. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    So why wouldn't Jessica recognize the smell as similar to Sookie's? She should have know "what" he is, right?

I, for one, hate the "new Nan". The Old Nan loved to suck the blood from the inside thighs of pretty girls. Since the new Nan is also gay, I just don't want to see that! :eek: ;)

I thought Pam was a lot older. I assumed she had been turned 300 years or more ago. Certainly before Bill since I thought she was stronger (i.e. older). I also don't get why Eric didn't know Bill. Wasn't Bill turned after fighting in the civil war (on his way home)?

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, Sookie's not pure-blood (or anything near it...one grandparent, isn't it?). Maybe the fairy-stench in her blood isn't strong enough to be smelled through all that skin and stuff.

19. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Bill was turned at the end of the Civil War. Apparently Lorena kept him all to herself and never taught him much about the vampire world as he attempted to kill a much older and stronger vampire with abandon. Again I go back to my earlier post, Eric was and has been sheriff of his part of Louisiana for some time, he knows who all the vamps are in his community but did not know Bill, which suggests to me Lorena kept him hidden away.

20. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    loved the training bra comment,lol